n. [L. simplicitas.]
1. Singleness; the state of being unmixed or uncompounded; as the simplicity of metals or of earths.
2. The state of being not complex, or of consisting of few parts; as the simplicity of a machine.
3. Artlessness of mind; freedom from a propensity to cunning or stratagem; freedom from duplicity; sincerity. Marquis Dorset, a man for his harmless simplicity neither misliked nor much regarded.
4. Plainness; freedom from artificial ornament; as the simplicity of a dress, of style, of language, &c. Simplicity in writing is the first or excellences.
5. Plainness; freedom from subtilty or abstruseness; as the simplicity of scriptural doctrines or truth.
6. Godly simplicity, in Scriptures, is a fair open profession and practice of evangelical truth, with a single view to obedience and to the glory of God.
Aren't those great definitions! Anyway, in light of this season (January/February) being one of the busiest seasons for me, I think the Lord is helping me to learn this and is using the fast to help. I didn't realize how much I tried to "multi-task" while the girls would be playing peacefully or while they were resting. Not having the computer in my lap or even looking at email on my phone has helped me to pray throughout the day so much easier...has helped me to enjoy the girls more without feeling torn...has helped me to read more and it has given me deeper understanding of the definition of simplicity. I am enjoying it! And this fast will go on for 21 days...but I like it so much that it just might become a new norm for me. I encourage you to try it!
Fun & Free Fridays!- a friend of mine that I met in college, Sally, is beautiful and truly has style like very few people I have ever known. One of my favorite stories from Sally is when she was a little girl. Her mom let her dress herself one day a week. Through that, Sally quickly learned from her peers at school that some things were not "cool" and some things were. So...she was given creative power and freedom to experiment. I LOVE THAT! So, we are starting now with Fun and Free Fridays! No matter what we do or where we go, Jada gets to dress herself. Last week was the first go at it...pretty funny. She had a blast. She picked out pj pants, a t-shirt with butterflies, a large print floral jacket, a necklace, and a parrot hat (of course). We stayed home most of the day and went to Hobby Lobby for a quick errand...she sported her look well, but I didn't get a photo of it! Lame, I know...but I will capture this week's look for sure!
Valentines was fabulous for all of the girls around our house. Brian and I celebrated last week and it was wonderful. I love him more and more all the time...seriously. But on Valentines day our focus not only turned to our Jada and Kiva girls...but to 7 beautiful single ladies that bless us every single week! These 7 gals love Jesus beautifully, care for other people more than themselves, and have a history of loving children, their roomies, their families, the poor, the hurting, the forgotten, the church...shall I go on? So, Aubrey and Brittney came to help and it was totally an honor to serve them dinner, to give them an opportunity to worship in stillness, to give them notes from lots of people that love them dearly, and we ended with praying for girls that are in bondage to sex trafficking all over the world. It was a precious and powerful night for me...I love them. AND on other news, I am addicted to blackberries. While I post this I started and am almost done with a whole carton. :) Kiva likes them a lot too.
And what's a blog post without some photos of our cute little ones. Here is a simplicity photo of them playing outside. Jada fixed her own hair (obviously) and I think she looks like a jazzersize advocate for sure!