Saturday, August 21, 2010

your love is in the little things

The title is a little board book I have read to Jada and now to Kiva. This has resounded to me over the past week. I have literally felt the Lord's love towards me in the "little things" and I have recognized how much the Lord wants me to love Him and others in the "little things."

So, a little background: Brian and I have been learning a lot about each other and our marriage over the past month and a half or so....more than usual I should say. It all comes down to the garden. Yep. Way back then. You see, Brian and I have been married for 8 1/2 wonderful years. We've known each other for 12 years. We have admittedly had a really GREAT partnership. I love him so much. He loves me too. We know that. We are glad about that. BUT our marriage is not at it's best yet.

We have recently recognized that Brian RESPECTS me a whole lot in his actions towards me...and I LOVE Brian a whole lot in my actions towards him. Sounds good until we step back and see that we are giving what we want to receive the most. Make sense? So, back to the garden...Brian should be the loving boss of me and I should be the respectful helper to him. We have known that we want to live in this since before marriage...and in many ways we have...but there are ways that the Lord is pointing out that He wants us to grow in!

All this to say, we have been learning how to love each other in the little things. Redefining our roles in daily things. It is good.

On another topic: I have been reading a book called "Relentless Generational Blessing" by Arthur Burk. ALL OF YOU SHOULD READ IT! Seriously. But more than that, my world has totally been rocked in so many ways. He unpacks the scriptures in beautiful ways and the Lord has used this book to stir my soul in a fresh way towards Him, towards loving Christ in a fresh way, towards Holiness, and towards investing in our children in eternal ways that I just didn't know possible! So...check it out!

And no blog post would be complete without a new pic of the girls :) Matching shirts...


2 comments:

  1. Hi there Steph.

    My name is also Steph I am a photographer from Australia, my business is called Stephlee Photogaphy & designs.
    I came across your sites after googling myself lol!!.
    My middle name is Lee so that why I have the Stephlee photography name.
    I love your work and your girls are just gorgeous. I just started following your blog I love it when photographers have a family blog they are always so interesting :)

    God bless
    Steph :)
    www.stephlee.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol our emails are nearly the same :) lucky we are in different countries :)
    Thankyou for your kind words, Im enjoying reading through your posts, I cant wait to have kids so I can photograph them, my husband doesnt like being photographed typical photographers husband :)
    God bless

    ReplyDelete