Monday, March 14, 2011

a visit, big sis shirts and getting older

I bought the girls matching big sister shirts. It is humorous to see Kiva in a "Big Sister" shirt for sure...here were some quick pics I took...and I just had to include the one with Kiva standing with her cute little tummy out and sway back. And also, please take notice of Jada's favorite new shoes "twinkle toes"...yep, they have rhinestones and they light up. They are pretty fantastic. If Jada knew how to blog, this post would be about the awesomeness of her "sparkly light up shoes."

And I have been thinking a lot about this life being a breath...a vapor...even more I have thought about how time flies by and how I want to live fully. I want to be 80 years old and FULL of life in the Holy Spirit...full of energy and full of faith. I don't want to be old. I like being 32. I like this season of life and I am NOT wishing I was 20 again or anything like that. What I mean is, I don't want to act and live like I am old. So, I am reading a book about parenting called "Raising children to Adore God." I am not too far into it and it is good for sure. But they used a quote that I wanted to shout out a "YES...exactly!"...

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether it happens at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps on learning not only remains young but also becomes constantly more valuable."- Harvey Ullman

I like that. I want to be steadily and constantly teachable...not just by someone older than me or who has some radical story, but I want to be able to be taught by the Lord through anyone. My children, other people's children, friends, younger men and younger women, peers, older folks ...you get my point. I want to be a learner and I want to live like I am in process of knowing God and knowing what this life is about. From parks with squealing children to a cemetery full of obvious silence, I want to have ears to hear the Lord. So, who is with me??? Let's be young forever...even with wrinkles and gray hair (possibly not showing b/c of great hair color products...we'll see :))

I am planning to post about 'Talitha' soon. I have lots of thoughts and stuff to share. I love those girls.

And to kick off spring break, Grammy and Grumpy came in for a weekend visit. It was a wonderfully relaxing time together. Their birthdays were in February, but they both were a bit under the weather, so we got to celebrate together with some good ol' cheesecake factory cheesecake :) We really enjoyed our time together!



1 comment:

  1. I bought those same shirts for my girls when we found out we were having #3, and Hannah has those Twinkle Toes too! Great minds think alike! ;) Congrats on your little boy on the way - so excited for you and your growing family!!

    ReplyDelete